Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tray #3

So, today is my first "offical day" of chaging my top Invisalign tray -- on my own. I was supposed to do it last night, but totally forgot. This coming from someone who was DYING during the first two weeks... knowing that I had to wait until week six until I was able to switch to Tray 2!

In any case, I remembered this morning and swapped out Tray 2 for 3. It was very tight when I first put it in, but feels better already. My only complaint is that I have a 'sore spot' now on the upper right molar area. I guess that's the area being 'worked on' with this tray.

My bottom teeth are doing okay. I am never completely pain free... unless I am not eating. Eating, chewing, biting, etc. are all still a challenge. My bottom teeth are a little lose and therefore, don't do well with foods that exert pressure (which most do). Breads really suck b/c they either get stuck everywhere (in the brackets) if they are too soft or, are impossible to tear through and chew if they have any sort of crust.

Things like apples, celery and anything else 'crunchy' are still a challenge as well.

All that said though -- my bottom teeth have really shifted quite a bit. There are some significant improvements in areas that were pretty out of sorts before. I still have one specific area that appears to need significant movement... but I honestly need to look at the original pictures to do a comparrison. My guess is that these teeth have shifted... just not as much as the others.

2 comments:

Izzy's Mama said...

Interesting. I was just contemplating getting braces on my bottom teeth today and I am older than you. I was wondering if over 40 is too old for braces. What made you do it?

While I was reading your blog I also discovered we have something odd in common. My husband is 8 years younger than me too!

BFW (Tammy) said...

Hey Izzy's Mama,
Too funny on the husband thing! Interestingly enough, I also write a food blog! (I saw your blog via your profile)

I definitely do not think 40 is too old for braces. This is actually my 40th b-day present to myself! I have always wanted to straighten my teeth... just didn't like them. Then, while getting a bunch of dental work done, but dentist reached a point where she said we could either move forward, or we could do orthodontics first to fix my bite before doing the major crown work.

I decided right away to do the braces. I had to do the traditional brackets on my bottom... b/c of my bite issues. But did the Invisalign on top... and I'm really happy with both.

Email me directly if you have any specific questions!