Saturday, February 16, 2008

Days 1 and 2

Today is Saturday. I got braces yesterday... 2/15/08. I've "wanted" braces since 5th grade... or at least I thought so. I almost got braces about 8 years ago, but I just didn't have the funds at the time.

So, after a bunch of dental work and a recommendation (and secret longing) from my dentist, here I am... almost 40 with Invisalign braces on my top teeth and traditional (clear) braces on my bottom teeth.

The purpose of this blog is to document and chronical my experience, as an adult, through the braces process. I will be open, honest and downright blatent when it comes to describing this experience... the good and the bad... and hope to provide some information and feedback for people thinking about going through the same thing.

For now, I will say my teeth are sore and I feel like a have a Chevy truck attached to my bottom teeth... but I will provide a more detailed and informative post about this process thus far a little later this weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope things feel better by tonight. What are you eating?

Will you can your food/brace solutions on both your blogs?

Penny

BFW (Tammy) said...

Thanks for asking Penny! I'm still sore... eating "soft" food, which is a bit of a challenge. Supposedly, after a day or two my teeth won't be that sore.

I'm not sure how I am going to handle the braces issue on the food blog yet. I need to think about it. I'm SURE it will influence our experience a bit, so my guess is that brace comments will pop-up over there too!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog. I myself am 31and was apprehensive of the appearance of braces. I have wanted/needed them since i was 11. I have a cross/under - jacked up bite - lol. I got my bottom brackets put on yesterday. i have so much going on my dentist thought it was best to do the bottom first - to shift those teeth and the top in about 4 weeks because that's where I have the most issues. I am in so much pain and can only imagine that I will lose quite a bit of weight by the time my treatments are finished. We can support each other. LOL!! best of luck to you!