Friday, February 22, 2008

Whitening and Invisalign

I forgot to mention that I am also whitening my top teeth with the Invisalign trays. If you do not get "attachments" (small, tooth-colored buttons that are glued onto your teeth) put on right away, you can whiten first. I started yesterday.

My trays are setup so that I will require three attachments at first. All three are on my right side... one on the tooth before the canine and one on each of the two molars that follow the canine. So, my bottom teeth will stay yellow (until the braces are removed), but at least I will be able to see the 'before' and 'after' results of the whitening!

I get my attachments on my next appointment -- March 18th.

Here is an example of a ClinCheck video that shows the teeth straightening through the process and also where the attachments will be used to help the aligners grip onto and move the teeth more efficiently. This is not my ClinCheck. When and if I get it, I will definitely post it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what product are you using to whiten your teeth w/ the invisalign trays?

BFW (Tammy) said...

Hi,
You can only do the whitening before you get attachments -- and I already have mine, so I am not whitening anymore. I will do it again (more aggressively) when my ortho treatment is over.

As far as products go, the dentist gave me the prescription-strength whitening gel that you use with custom whitening trays. I don't have the brand and strength in front of me, but I could find out if your interested.

I hope this helps...
Tammy

Anonymous said...

I will be getting my attachements in one month. I would appreciate the info on brand/strength if its not too much trouble. What about the cost?
Carey

Invisalign Braces Pittsburgh said...

Informative. I am actually learning about the dental terminology. Keep coming!

invisalign pittsburgh said...

we all want to have a beautiful smile that's why we need to take care our teeth and brush everyday..if you are really conscious about your smile, correcting with braces will greatly improve the way you look and feel.