Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Teeth Cleaning

It's been a while since I've posted... mostly because I haven't had much to write about. The Invisalign tray is doing fine and the ceramic braces are about the same. My bottom teeth still cannot bite into anything too hard, so my food consumption is still limited to items that have a softer, less chewy, texture.

I did however, have my first teeth cleaning appointment since BB (before braces). It went fairly well, except I had a fair amount of plaque and tartar buildup. So, I purchased an ultrasonic toothbrush to help with this problem.

I hate it.

If you think the vibrations that happen during the final phase of a teeth cleaning -- when they brush/polish your teeth -- is bad, then you have never used an ultrasonic toothbrush. It definitely will take awhile to get used to this! Think... nails on a chalkboard, but feeling it... not hearing it.

In any case, my teeth are nice and clean as is my Invisalign tray (which the dental hygienist cleaned for me).

My next appointment (a biggie) is next Tuesday. I get the attachments placed on my top teeth and I'm wondering if my wire will be changed on my bottom teeth? Which, by the way, is STILL popping out every so often.

On a positive note, I have finally been able to eat salad for the last few days. That will all be over after next week's appointment though.

::sigh::

No comments: